To checkout resources from the Library, the first thing you need to do is to get a Library Card and Account. For students, staff and faculty, the library card is your SLCC OneCard. Community User Cards for non-SLCC personnel are also available for $20. Check out this helpful FAQ for further information on "How do I get a Library Card."
Once you have obtained a Library Card, all patrons are entered into the Library System by a Librarian or Staff member. If you are not sure if you are already in our system stop by one of our Library Locations and ask at the Circulation or Reference Desk, or contact our Reference Staff:
Call the Reference Desk during the Library Hours
- Taylorsville Redwood Campus Markosian Library Hours: 801-957-4610
- Jordan Campus Library Hours: 801-957-6202
- Miller Campus Library Hours: 801-957-5412
- South City Campus Library Hours: 801-957-3432
Text a Reference Librarian
- Text "Elie" to 66746 for instructions
Save 66746 in your contacts as Elie
Using "My Account"
After you have your Library Card and Account, you can check the status of your account through our online catalog.
Features of My Account:
- Review My Account -- This allows you to see a list of all materials you currently have check out on your card. The list provides the title, due date, status and any fines you currently owe for each item.
- Renew My Materials -- This allows you to renew items you currently have checked out via the online. You can renew your SLCC materials from anywhere that has an internet connection!
- Change My Address -- This allows you to change your email address, street address, or phone number so that we can keep your information current.
- User PIN Change -- Keep forgetting your User PIN? Feel like using a different PIN? This link will allow you to change your PIN yourself. (If you do forget your PIN, contact our Reference Staff and they can assist you.)
With a Library Account you can also take advantage of the following valuable services offered by SLCC Libraries!
- Ask a Librarian -- Have a Question? Need assistance with a research paper? Trying to locate a specific resource for a class? Our Reference Librarians are available during Library hours via phone, texting, or the web. Check out our Contact a Librarian Page for further information!
- Off-Campus access to electronic resources and Databases -- Want to access e-books and databases from off-campus? You can find the instructions for how to do that on the Off-Camps Access ELIE Page!
- Inter-Library Loans -- Need a book or article that SLCC Libraries don't have in our physical or online collections? Check out our Inter-Library Loan service! It's a great way to get access to resources from non-SLCC Libraries. Logon to ILLiad (our online interface) from a campus computer today!
- Reserve Materials -- Looking to borrow textbooks for your classes so you can avoid those huge bills at the bookstore? Check out our course reserves! Some instructors and departments place materials (like textbooks and solutions manuals) in the library for students access.
- Recommend to Order -- Not seeing something on our shelves that you think would be a good resource for SLCC patrons? Is there a new electronic resource or DVD you think would be useful for your studies? Our online "Recommend to Order" form allows you to give our Collection Development team feedback about what SLCC Libraries have to offer! Please feel free to suggest titles that you think SLCC Libraries should purchase.