SLCC Edible Books Festival and Contest
You are here
Announcing - Edible Books Festival and Contest!
The SLCC Libraries and SLCC Culinary Arts Institute are co-sponsoring the first annual SLCC Edible Books Festival!
The event will take place during National Library Week, on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at the Markosian Library main floor lobby, Taylorsville-Redwood Campus.
All Salt Lake Community College students, faculty, staff and administrators are invited to enter an edible original creation that is related to books, literature, or libraries for our Edible Books Contest on April 17. Prizes for the top selections in a number of categories will be awarded by a special panel of judges.
A $50 gift card prize will be awarded by a special panel of judges in each of these categories:
• Most Edible
• Most Literary
• Most Artistic
• Most Humorous
• People’s Choice (judged on non-tasting elements only, chosen by the public, one vote per person)
Our distinguished judges are:
•Daneil Hurst, SLCC Food Services Baker
• Kathy Stephenson, SL Tribune Food, Arts, and Entertainment Editor
• Jude Higgins, SLCC Associate Professor, History, Anthropology & Political Science Department
• Bryan Griggs, SLCC Associate Dean, Art & Visual Design
• Nadhirrah, Raw Food Chef and Author
SLCC Edible Books Contest Rules
• The contest is open to current students, faculty, staff and administrators of Salt Lake Community College. One entry will be allowed per person.
• Prizes will be awarded by a special panel of judges in each category
• Entries will be accepted between 7:30am and 12:00 noon on Wednesday, April 17, 2013. Entry forms will be available to fill out when entries are dropped off. You are permitted to drop off entries for others, but be sure to have all contact information – full name, phone number, SLCC status, and email address - to fill out the entry form for the person whose item is being entered. This contest is free to enter, limit one entry per person. All entries must be original (non-commercial) edible creations.
• All entries should be dropped off at the Markosian Library main floor lobby, Taylorsville-Redwood Campus during the times posted. The Library has no facilities to hold entry items earlier than the posted entry times. Serving plates and utensils may be picked up by the end of the contest day, April 17.
• Tastings and judging will take place between 1:00 – 2:00pm on April 17, 2013 by a special panel of judges.
• Voting for the People’s Choice Award will take place between 12 noon and 2:00pm on April 17, 2013 by the public (one vote per person).
• Award winners will be announced the same day at 2:00pm and tastings for attendees will commence at that time until the samples run out. Need not be present to win; winners will be notified.