Information Literacy (ILT) Classes
Classes offer the following services:
- Classes averaging 50 minutes that may be adjusted according to instructor’s needs.
- Classes targeted towards specific disciplines such as Nursing, the Culinary Arts and Marketing.
- Useful worksheets for students upon the request of the instructor.
- [Redwood Campus Only] A technical classroom located in the Library (room 218) equipped with instructor computer, projector, hook ups for laptop, visualizer, DVD player and 20 student computers.
To schedule a class, please contact your campus Reference Desk:Please schedule classes 24 hours in advance to allow the library staff to provide quality service.
Handouts and Worksheets
- Basic Library Worksheet
- For a Custom Worksheet Contact Keith Slade via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, at 801-957-4610
- Research Paper Resources at SLCC Libraries.
- Handouts for SLCC Article Databases With Simple search helps: (Contact info varies)
- Taylorsville Redwood Handout
- Jordan Campus Handout
- Jordan Campus Health Sciences Handout
- Miller Campus Handout
- South City Campus Handout
- General Library Information Handout
Typical Outline of an ILT Class:
- Welcome and introduction of the Reference Librarian.
- Demonstration of ELIE (the Library Web Page): gateway to the information sources. Show how to access resources from home.
- Brief overview / search of Online Catalog (finding books). Other book and media resources in the area.
- Access to the Article Databases, such as EBSCOhost. Show the wealth of online journal articles available.
- Searching with EBSCOhost and a few others (usually ProQuest / SIRS Knowledge Source).
- Hands on searching for online journal articles, etc., review, and answering questions. Importance of information literacy and evaluation.
SLCC Libraries offer training and support for ePortfolios. Formal group training is offered every day during the first five weeks of every semester at the Taylorsville Redwood, South City, and Jordan Campuses. Additional individual training is available from the Refernce staff at each library. Group sessions can be scheduled by calling 801-957-4195.
To see the current ePortfolio Schedule and sign up for a training session visit our ePortfolio page.