Circulation Policy FAQ
How do I get a Library Card?
- Your library card is your SLCC OneCard. OneCard ID Centers are located at the Information Desk in the Student Center at Redwood, and in room W175 at South City. Call (801) 957-4022 for more information.
How many items can I check out?
- Borrowers can check out up to ten items. These items include books, DVDs, VHS tapes, magazines.
Does the library have the books for my classes?
- The library does not purchase student textbooks. Some faculty or departments have placed copies of textbooks on reserve. Most of the items are the personal property of the instructor or department. Reserve items are kept at the circulation desk. All reserve items are checked out for four hour periods and may not leave the Library.
If I am currently not enrolled as a student, can I still check out material?
- The library loans material to members of the community not currently enrolled in classes if:
- Patrons are faculty or staff.
- Patrons have purchased an annual $20 community borrower card. The community borrower card allows members of the community to check out library material but does not give them access to library databases.
- Patrons are UALC borrowers. UALC borrowers are students, faculty and staff from a select group of other colleges in the state and other member institutions in the Utah Academic Library Consortium. UALC borrowers present student IDs, or Faculty IDs, or Employment IDs from their academic institution, along with a current valid legal photo identifications and proof of current enrollment/employment.
What if a book I want is located in a non-SLCC institution?
- The Inter-Library Loan Department can track down and provide, either in the form of a borrowed book, or photocopies of an article. Through cooperative agreements we borrow items needed by our patrons from libraries around the country. Anyone may borrow materials if they’re a currently enrolled SLCC student, current faculty or staff at SLCC, UALC borrowers or community borrowers. For more information, take a look here, at our website, logon to ILLiad (our online Inter-Library Loan request software) at https://illiad.slcc.edu/illiad/logon.html or contact our ILL Specialist via email or phone at 801-957-4196.
Circulation Loan Period and Fines:
Books: Check out for 28 days, with one allowed renewal. Fines are $.25/day overdue.
Media: Check out for 7 days, with one allowed renewal. Fines are $.25/day overdue.
Reference: Must be approved by a member of the reference staff before check out is allowed. Fines are $1.00 per day overdue.
Periodicals: Check out for 3 days, with one allowed renewal. Fines are $.50/day overdue.
Reserve Collection: Check out for 4 hours, with one allowed renewal. Fines are $1.00 per hour overdue and may NOT leave the library