- The Interlibrary Loan Department provides access for students, staff, and faculty of Salt Lake Community College to a vast amount of information that is not available at our Libraries. By use of national and worldwide Catalogs we can track down and provide, either in the form of a borrowed book, or photocopies of an article, almost anything the user might need. Through cooperative agreements we borrow items needed by our patrons from libraries around the country.
- Contact our ILL Specialist: 801-957-4196 or via email.
- Login to ILLiad Login Page
- Anyone may borrow materials if they’re eligible to use the library to check out other materials. These people are currently enrolled SLCC students, current faculty or staff at SLCC, UALC borrowers or community borrowers. More information about eligibility can be found here.
What may be borrowed through Inter-Library Loan?
- Materials not currently owned by the SLCC Libraries
- Materials declared missing from the SLCC Library collections
What may not be borrowed through Inter-Library Loan?
- Books owned by the Library that are on loan to another patron
- Materials that are part of the reserve collection in the Library
- Most libraries ordinarily will not lend audiovisual, rare materials, fragile items, or materials that are in high demand in the lending library or material with local circulation restrictions
- The Library adheres to copyright law and pays copyright fees to the Copyright Clearance Center for copies above fair use.
How to request materials
- Before requesting an item on ILL, please make sure it is not available in one of the SLCC Libraries by checking the Online Catalog for books or the Online Periodical List for journals
- Fill out the online ILL library loan form in our ILLiad software
How long does it take?
- For easy-to-locate items, it will normally take between 1 and 2 weeks to fill an ILL request.
- The cost to process a standard Interlibrary Loan request can range from $16.00 to $47.00 per item. Some costs are borne by the SLCC Libraries, but some costs may be passed on to you. You can set a maximum amount that you would be willing to pay with each request, which may be $0. You must pay any charges up to the maximum agreed to, before receiving the requested items. If items are not picked up, you are still responsible for these charges.
- Borrowed materials must be returned to the Library by the due date; photocopies become the property of patrons and need not be returned.
- The patron is responsible for replacement costs of items lost or damaged, or for materials not returned.
- Patrons will be notified by email when a book or journal article is received. Patrons must pick up materials at the Circulation Desk in the Library.
- The loan period is determined by the lending institution.
- If a renewal is necessary, a request should be made through the Library at least 2 days before the due date. You may request a renewal by phone at 801-957-4196.