- The Interlibrary Loan Department provides access for students, staff, and faculty of Salt Lake Community College to a vast amount of information that is not available at our Libraries. By use of national library catalogs we can track down and provide, either in the form of a borrowed book, or digital file of an article, almost anything the user might need. Through cooperative agreements we borrow items needed by our patrons from libraries around the country.
- Contact our ILL Specialist: 801-957-6201 or via email.
- In order to submit a request, login to ILLiad.
What may be borrowed through Inter-Library Loan?
- Materials not currently owned by the SLCC Libraries
- Materials declared missing from the SLCC Library collections
What may not be borrowed through Inter-Library Loan?
- Books owned by the Library that are on loan to another patron
- Materials that are part of the reserve collection in the Library
- Most libraries ordinarily will not lend audiovisual, rare materials, fragile items, or materials that are in high demand in the lending library or material with local circulation restrictions
- The Library adheres to copyright law and pays copyright fees to the Copyright Clearance Center for copies above fair use.
How to request materials
- Before requesting an item on ILL, please make sure it is not available in one of the SLCC Libraries by checking the Online Catalog for books or the Online Periodical List for journals
- Fill out the online ILL library loan form through ILLiad
How long does it take?
- For easy-to-locate items, it will normally take between 1 and 2 weeks to fill an ILL request.
- Borrowed materials must be returned to the Library by the due date; photocopies become the property of patrons and need not be returned.
- The patron is responsible for replacement costs of items lost or damaged, or for materials not returned.
- Patrons will be notified by email when a book or journal article is received. Patrons must pick up materials at the Circulation Desk in the Library.
- The loan period is determined by the lending institution.
- If a renewal is necessary, a request should be made through the Library at least 2 days before the due date. You may request a renewal by phone at 801-957-6201.