Library Search Skills
Library Services now offers modules of library instruction which you can place in your Canvas courses. There are modules for 900, 1000, and 2000 level courses, just click the links below and follow the included instructions for embedding them. If you have any questions about them you can contact your school's library liaison or use eLearning's Canvas support system.
- 900 Level Library Research Module
- 1000 Level Library Research Module
- 2000 Level Library Research Module
Being able to find the information resources you need to be successful in your college courses can be difficult without a basic introduction to how to find things. The following links provide useful information on how to find books and online resources through the SLCC Libraries. If you are still unable to find what you require, there are links to other Utah Libraries and Inter-Library Loan.
- Tutorials for EBSCOhost Research Databases
- How to search, browse and download images in ArtStor
- Searching tips for American History in Videos and in Counseling and Therapy in Videos
- FAQ on CQ Researcher
- Searching Tips on Proquest
- Browsing and Viewing films in Films on Demand
- Other Utah Libraries
- Videos and Tutorials on JStor
- User Guide for Mergent Intellect
- ILLiad Order books or articles from other libraries through Inter-Library Loan. For more information contact the Library's ILL Specialist.