Online Reference Desk
Online Reference Desk provides links to online sites for reference books, journals, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and more. It's just like having your own personal Reference Librarian helping you with your assignments from any location with internet access.
- Information Literacy is an important topic for anyone writing a paper. On this page you will find links to tutorials and websites that help you evaluate websites, review internet search tools, and help you understand the basics of analyzing and citing sources without plagiarizing the work of others.
- Research Tools - these online tutorials have been selected by our Reference Librarians. They cover topics such as Business, Health, Medicine, and other general topics which are often useful to SLCC students when writing papers for current courses.
- Citation Guide - this guide explains what a citation is and provides links to books, websites and online citation software to assist you with your writing assignments.
- APA Citation Style
- MLA Citation Style
- Plagiarism - this page provides an explanation of what consitutes plagiarism, why plagiarism matters, and links to websites for further information.
- Research Success Tutorial Suite This interactive suite of tutorials covers different aspects of the research process for student success. Use one or all to target discipline-neutral Student Learning Outcomes focused on research basics with a short assessment included.
SLCC Writing Centers
The SLCC Writing Centers are where you meet with a tutor for one-on-one help with your college writing assignments. Check their web site for hours, locations, and online tutoring.