- Locations and Hours
The SLCC library system currently has four physical branch locations. For further information, such as hours, locations, and how to contact each branch, see the links below.
- Library Card
Your library card is your SLCC OneCard. OneCard ID Centers are located at the Information Desk in the Student Center at Redwood, and in room W175 at South City. Call (801) 957-4022 for more information
Community User Cards for non-SLCC personnel are available at Library Circulation desks for $20.00 per year. Community borrower cards DO NOT allow home access to databases.
Faculty and students who attend one of the other UALC colleges or Universities in the state may present student IDs from their school to check out materials. Library staff will give them a card to use when checking out material here. Check the UALC website to see if your school is part of the consortium.
Your library ID is your Student "S" number
Interested in library news and tutorials? Check out the college blog
- Library staff
Need assistance? Please contact our library staff. They are happy to assist you in any way that they can!
Using the Library
The library system has print books and periodical subscription, access to electronic databases and reference titles (which include full text articles and indexing/abstracting services), e-books, e-journals, online video resources, popular movies, telecourse videos, and more.
Library staff provides assistance with: e-Portfolio, research, and reference questions; inter-library and inter-campus loans; and training to assist in using the library's resources and accessing the Internet.
Patrons may access the library's online catalog and full text database services through any computer on campus or off-campus via the Internet.
Policies and Privileges
- Loan Periods and Fines
- Books: Check out for 28 days, with one allowed renewal. Fines are $.25/day overdue.
- Media: Check out for 7 days, with one allowed renewal. Fines are $.25/day overdue.
- Reference: Must be approved by a member of the reference staff before check out is allowed. Fines are $1.00 per day overdue.
- Periodicals: Check out for 3 days, with one allowed renewal. Fines are $.50/day overdue.
- Reserve Collection: Check out for 4 hours, with one allowed renewal. Fines are $1.00 per hour overdue and may NOT leave the library
- Copyright and Use Information
- Copying not specifically allowed by the law, fair use, license agreement, or the permission of the copyright holder is prohibited.
- It is the responsibility of the faculty to acquire copyright permission when required.
- Faculty and students are personally responsible for copyright compliance and personally incur the consequences of infringement.
- Library personnel adhere to college policy and to federal laws relating to the fair use and reproduction of copyrighted materials.
- Further information concerning copyright issues is available from the Library directors.
Copyright Law (title 17, U.S. Code) prohibits the unauthorized reproduction or distribution of copyrighted materials, except as permitted by the principles of “fair use.” Except as allowed by those principles, Individuals should not copy or distribute either print or electronic materials without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.
Library Bill of Rights and Intellectual Freedom
- Our eventual goal is to be compliant with the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- What we're doing on the website
- Writing clean markup with screen readers in mind
- Avoiding the use of images for text
- Avoiding the use of Flash