Need Internet at Home or on the Go?
- Check out a Wi-Fi Hotspot device from the Redwood Markosian, South City, or Jordan Campus Libraries and the West Valley Center
What is a Wi-Fi Hotspot device?
- A Wi-Fi Hotspot is a device that lets you connect your other devices like laptops, smartphones, and tablets to the internet. It's portable, so you can connect to the internet almost anywhere you go!
How do I check out a Wi-Fi Hotspot?
- Go to one of the above locations with your SLCC OneCard. Like all our other SLCC Libraries materials, Wi-Fi hotspots are free to checkout using your SLCC OneCard.
- SLCC Library Wi-Fi hotspots are only available for currently enrolled students.
- Hotspots check out at the beginning of a semester and must be returned by the end of the semester
How long can I check out a Wi-Fi Hotspot?
We are currently checking out hotspots for whole semesters. Hotspots will be due on the last day of the semester. This may change due to availability issues.
The data will be turned off if the hotspot is not returned to the library by its due date.
Hotspots do not work on SLCC campuses.
Are there any limits on the amount of data that can be streamed?
No, the data is unlimited.
Unlimited media streaming is available for services such as Amazon, YouTube, HBONOW, Netflix and more.
Visit T-Mobile's BINGE ON page for more information about all the unlimited media streaming that is available.
What if I have questions or concerns?
Please feel free to call the Redwood Markosian Library Reference Desk at 801.957.4610
Text us at 801.770.0996
Need Broadband at home but can't afford it?
- Check out the FCC's website for more information on their Affordable Connectivity Program. You may qualify for assistance paying for broadband internet at home.